Using Blinq's Zapier integration it's easy to export your Business contacts to Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools in an automated or manual way.
To set up the Zapier integration you will need to have the involvement of the Blinq organization admin, the manager of your CRM account, and the manager of your Zapier account.
If you are looking to set up CRM integration with a service that Zapier does not support please contact us at email@example.com so we can help you get set up.
This feature only works for Business Contacts at this point, not Personal Contacts. A Business Contact is created when a Team Card is shared with a user, and that user sends their contact details back to the owner of the Team Card.
Capabilities supported in Blinq
- Automated exporting of new contacts
- Export all existing contacts
- Fine grained control over which contacts are exported and when
Creating a Zap in Zapier
Zaps are Zapier's way of connecting two services together so that that they can share information. To create a Zap that will connect Blinq to your CRM:
- Log in to Zapier
- Click Create Zap
- Search for Blinq in the trigger section and select the Blinq trigger
- Select New Contact in the Trigger Event dropdown
- Click Continue
- Click Sign in to Blinq
This will open a new window that asks for your ID and token. We will need to get this information from your account in Blinq so let's do that now.
Authenticating with Blinq
- Navigate to https://dash.blinq.me in a seperate browser tab
- If you aren't logged in to Blinq you will need to do so
- Click on your workspace in the top left of the screen
- In the dropdown click Settings
- Under the Integrations page you should see Export Contacts which contains a ID and Token. You will need to generate the token by clicking Generate
- Copy the ID and Token and navigate back to the Zapier window. Paste the ID and Token in the corresponding fields.
- Click Yes, Continue
- Once your credentials are verified the window will close. Navigate back to the Zapier tab and click Continue
|Steps 3 - 4|
|Steps 5 - 6|
Testing the Blinq trigger
In Zapier a trigger is the service sharing it's information, in this case Blinq is the trigger since it is sharing the contact with your CMS. Zapier will now ask you to test the trigger to ensure a contact can make it from Zapier to you CRM.
1. Click Test Trigger
2. You should see some contact information appear. Click Continue
If you don't have any contacts for your business you will receive an error stating that A New Contact could not be found. To continue click Skip Test and then confirm this is what you would like to do when the popup appears. This will not cause any problems when you set up the rest of the Zap. You should now see some test data appear. Click Continue.
Zapier will now ask you to select an Action. Think of actions as what you would like to do with the Contact data from Blinq. In this case it will most likely be creating a contact in your CRM.
3. Search for the CRM that you would like to send the contact information to
4. Click Continue
From here on out we will cover how to set up an action with HubSpot, however the steps will be very similar for other services, including Salesforce, Outlook, and Google Contacts. Now that you have the trigger set up it's easy to sync your Blinq contacts with any of the tools listed on Zapier.
|Steps 3 - 4|
Setting up an action (HubSpot)
This section will go over how to create contacts in HubSpot.
- Click the Choose an event dropdown
- Click Create Contact (other CRM products should offer the same action event)
- Click Continue
- Click Sign in to HubSpot
- This will open a new window where you will be asked to enter your HubSpot account details to log in. After logging in select your account and click Choose Account
- Click Connect app to give Zapier access to your HubSpot account
- This will close the window. Navigate back to the Zapier tab and click Continue
- Zapier will now ask you to set up the action. This just means mapping the contact fields in a Blinq contact (e.g. first_name) to the contact fields in HubSpot
- Once you have mapped all the fields you care about scroll down and click Continue
- Now click Test & Continue
- Finally click the toggle button at the bottom of the screen to turn your Zap on. If you don't turn it on now you can turn it on anytime on the Zapier dashboard
You may encounter the following warning when mapping the fields (Steps 8 and 9). This is just to let you know that a contact will actually be created in HubSpot when you click Test & Continue (Step 10). If you are OK with this than you can go ahead and test, otherwise you can click Skip Test instead of Test & Continue.
Not all of the fields in a HubSpot contact will have corresponding fields in the Blinq contact. However you don't need to map every field, just those that are important to your team, e.g. First Name, Last Name, Email Address, ect.
Due to limitations in Zapier we currently only support the Create Contact action event. Contacts are not updated in your CRM if they are updated in Blinq. We recommend using our direction integrations with Salesforce and HubSpot if applicable as these offer live sync functionality and are far easier to set up. If you would like direct integrations with CRMs other than Salesforce and HubSpot please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Steps 1 - 2|